Workshop slate full for Friday, May 8, 2015 Tutor/Mentor conference. If
interested in future conference, submit workshop ideas using one of the forms:
- Submit a workshop proposal using this online form.
- OR print this Presenter
Interest form and mail to Tutor/Mentor Institute,
c/o Dan Bassill, Merchandise Mart PO Box 3303, Chicago, Il. 60654
Questions? Contact us.
One goal of the conference is to share strategies for building public awareness and drawing needed resources to volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs in all parts of the city. This graphic is one of many you'll find in Tutor/Mentor blog articles, illustrating this goal. If you can organize a workshop, or panel discussion, drawing leaders from different sectors, to discuss ways to help draw more consistent attention, volunteers and operating dollars to programs, please submit a proposal.
A second goal is to share strategies for building and sustaining effective programs. View the information below to see the types of workshops or panel discussions that could be offered.
Speakers interested in volunteering to present workshops at the conference should keep in mind:
- Workshops should focus on ways volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs can improve quality, build capacity and succeed for the long-term.
- Topics include volunteer recruitment and training, learning
strategies for adolescents and teens, fundraising, evaluation and
management activities. See our list
of suggested workshop topics that have been requested by
participants at previous Conferences.
- Workshops also can showcase learning activities that could be duplicated in multiple programs. Read more.
- Speakers are encouraged to stay for the entire day of the conference. They are not charged a registration fee.
- Please give us your feedback about the conference using this survey.
Sponsored Workshops for Vendors
If you are a for-profit education service provider and want to present a workshop at a 2015 conference, we invite you to present a Sponsored Workshop. These are workshops presented by people who have specific expertise and have products or services to sell.
The sponsored workshop requires a $500 sponsor fee, which includes an ad in the Conference program book. Please fill out a Presenter Interest form to submit a workshop proposal for consideration.
Still have questions? Contact us to get more
information about this opportunity.